Choosing a Search Engine Optimization Company
Choosing the right search engine marketing company for your campaign will be a critical factor in your web site achieving top search engine positions. There will be many questions that you need to ask to insure that the company you select, will satisfy your realistic requirements and bring qualified visitors to your web site.
SEO Consultants Directory
Our directory encompasses a small percentage of the SEO - Search Engine Optimization and/or SEM Search Engine Marketing industry. We've hand selected consultants and/or companies from around the world based on their past and current performances. All search engine marketing companies who submit URI's to our directory are reviewed for quality of web site content, reputation in the industry, and overall SEO/SEM strategies.
Most of your questions may be answered by previewing the Consultants Profile Page which is displayed when you follow a link from your search results. The purpose of this directory is to minimize your time investment by presenting you with firms providing a variety of Internet marketing services to meet your companies campaign requirements.
Here are some basic questions that we've provided answers to...
- How long have you been providing search engine optimization and search engine marketing services?
- Are you an individual consultant or are you part of a team?
- How long have you and/or your team been online?
- Do you participate and/or, are you a moderator for any of the SEO - Search Engine Optimization / SEM - Search Engine Marketing Forums? If so, what is your username and can you provide links to your most recent or notable discussions?
- Can you describe and/or provide recent successful campaign results? If so, can I use those clients for references?
- Do you have website design experience? Technical background? What types of programming environments are you experienced with?
Here are questions that you might consider asking the SEO Consultant...
- What are your opinions in regards to Best Practices for the SEO - Search Engine Optimization / SEM - Search Engine Marketing industry? How does a company effectively compete online using traditional optimization strategies?
- Can you assure us that the marketing strategies and methods that you are utilizing fall under the criteria of Best Practices for the SEO/SEM Industry? Can we assume that this means no penalties for our website? Penalties could include, but are not limited to; removal from the search engines or directories index.
- How many search engine marketing campaigns have you been involved with? What was your role for those projects? How many are still active? How many are inactive? If inactive, why?
- Are there any guarantees for top search engine positions? The answer to this question will depend on whether or not you choose a Pay Per Click (PPC/CPC) Program from Google, Yahoo!, Live or Ask.
Depending on the competitiveness of your industry, guaranteed top search engine placement may be difficult and expensive to maintain. We recommend an ROI analysis prior to making a commitment.
- Do you have experience managing Pay Per Click (PPC), Cost Per Click (CPC), and other keyword bid management campaigns? What types of programs, if any, do you use for PPC bid management?
- What is link popularity? What linking strategies would you use to increase link popularity for our website? Is this service part of the proposed price? What types of websites will you target for link opportunities? What other target audiences are available in a link strategy campaign?
- What is Google PageRank™ and how does it affect our website(s)? How would you address improving our PageRank™ with Google, and other search engines that calculate the number of quality inbound links to our website?
- What changes can we expect you to make to our website to improve our positioning in the search engines? Will these changes be visible? Will there be changes in the coding of our website?
- What type of reporting (website statistics/metrics) will you provide to us? How often will you provide those reports? Do you provide live statistics? Will you provide consultation on how to interpret the reports so that we have a basic understanding of the statistics?
- Do you offer ROI (Return On Investment) analysis? Is this in addition to your contract pricing? Have the consultant explain the process of how the ROI will be determined. This type of ROI tracking may require strict participation by the employees of your company. You may need to address internal procedures first, before being able to successfully track ROI for your website.
Admin Note: You should expect to set aside a realistic portion of your Internet marketing budget for PPC and/or CPC keyword bid management campaigns. These are normally monthly fees and may be in addition to search engine marketing contract prices.