SPF File Validation - Test Your SPF Records
What is SPF? SPF (Sender Policy Framework) fights return-path address forgery and makes it easier to identify spoofs.
Domain owners identify sending mail servers in DNS. SMTP receivers verify the envelope sender address against this information, and can distinguish authentic messages from forgeries before any message data is transmitted.
This SPF testing tool is brought to you by the good folks at DNS Report and DNS Stuff, an excellent resource for network and domain name tools.
Possible Results from the SPF Testing Utility from DNS Stuff
- This IP is authorized to send email from this domain.
- This IP is not authorized to send email from this domain.
- This IP probably is not authorized to send email from this domain, but the domain owners are not certain.
- The domain does not know if the IP is allowed to send email or not.
- A temporary error occurred. The email should be retried later.
- A permanent error was encountered. The email should be rejected.
- No SPF record was found. It cannot be determined if the IP is allowed to send email from this domain.